Friday, February 22, 2008

Why it's called the Great White Way

We're in New York and it's snowing. It's not quite as bad as snow in Texas, but an inch or so on the sidewalk (apparently removable by broom) has people gently freaking out.

As it's not a day for long walks, we'll be heading to MoMA this morning, probably to spend most of the day there.
Dinner is sorted, of course, and I just got a call from a friend who's coming in from Boston to play a show in Soho tonight, so if the timing works out we might check that out.

And tomorrow night we're going to see
John Zorn's version of the book Song of Songs from the Bible, narrated by Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson. I never thought I'd write that sentence.

Speaking of dinner, last night I dreamed we overslept and woke up at 7:30 pm, thus missing our dinner reservation; when we got to Adour, we discovered the whole thing was their fault, somehow, but all they could do was apologetically offer us a cheese sandwich, at which point I burst into tears. And then I woke up.

I'll be checking my watch all day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home