Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ten years of love and food

Ten years ago today, I stood before family and friends and promised to spend the rest of my life with this man.



He has seen me at my worst, my crankiest, my lowest, and he's been there with patience, strength and hot tea. He's also seen me at my best, my happiest, my most content--and more often than not, he's been the reason.

In our decade together, we figured out our career paths, bought a house and started a family (
in a sense). We've celebrated joyful moments and helped each other through devastatingly sad ones. And everything has been so much better for being able to share it with him.

And of course, there's been eating. Plenty of eating. Together, we've:

  • scarfed down poutine at midnight in Montreal

  • spent our last Euros on stinky cheese at the gourmet store at Charles de Gaulle airport (and eaten it like refugees, cramming it into our mouths at the gate)

  • grown our own tiny, candy-sweet cherry tomatoes

  • shared roast suckling pig in Puerto Rico; barbecued pork in Texas; pork pies in England

  • ordered frog, ostrich, kangaroo, eel, cricket, and snake-infused absinthe
Happy anniversary, sweetie. Here's to ten more years of sharing laughter, adventure and fabulous food.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sweetie for posting such nice things and finding a flattering picture. I've loved every minute of these ten years and I thank you for choo-choo-choosing me.

The Boy

9:39 AM  
Blogger LimeyG said...

And it has a picture of a train ...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Scurvyann (Linda) said...

Awwwwwww! You two are so cuuuuuuuuute! You go together like bacon and chocolate! No, wait, like Hannahbells and grapes? Nononowait...parmo and fries?...like...pork and...PORK!!!! (*snee!*...I said pork...) Happy anniversary, guys. I'm so glad that you choo-choo-chooosed eachother. And it has a picture of a train!
Luv,
Scurvyann
xo

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home