Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The secret ingredient for squash soup

Last night, as I was once again dining sola, I made a big pot of butternut squash soup with chicken stock, shallots, fresh ginger, garam masala and turmeric. I expected it to be thin, but once it had gone through the blender it was quite creamy. I topped it with baby spinach leaves, hoping they'd wilt like they do in the Blue Shirt Cafe's version. They didn't.



The spinach was a little tough, which may have been the reason, though I suspect the secret ingredient is having the soup ladled into a paper container and transported to a different location.

Still, it was good soup.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger El said...

I suspect you can get the desired effect by covering the top of the bowl to capture the steam from the soup. However, that would mean waiting a couple of minutes to eat.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home