Ten reasons I love Island Creek Oyster Bar
2) The room is light and open, with tall windows and weathered wood and a whole wall of oysters. It makes me think of winter on Cape Cod, but in a good way.
3) The warming, spicy Spanish Caravan cocktail is finished with a slice of dried, salted apple:
4) The creamy oyster stew with smoky ham sits on a bed of dense brown bread to soak it all up.
5) The burger, which LC Sarah has pronounced better than Eastern Standard's (!). This may have something to do with the brioche bun topped with caramelized onions.
6) The smelts, while they're here.
7) The oysters Gregory, with leeks, bacon and parmesan.
8) Someone's nice penmanship.
9) The fried cod cheeks with a bright green-tomato relish.
10) The! Cider! Donuts! With! Hot cider! And! Caramel! For dipping!