Thursday, May 03, 2007

Spam, poetry

I admit a guilty enjoyment of Spam.

Especially Spam light, because it's made with mechanically separated chicken.

Though of course I liked it better when I was imagining a cartoon-style conveyor belt, on which perplexed cartoon hens met their ends at the hands of 1930s-style cartoon robot arms. To be honest, I never actually imagined the event itself; just the sound effects:

"Buk -- buk -- buk -- bukKAA!!!"

(oh ... it's so much funnier when it's not written down ...)

And then I discovered (thanks, Wikipedia!) that mechanical separation involves forcing all parts of the bird through a fine sieve at high pressure, essentially turning anything not completely solid into a fine slurry, which is then blended with an assortment of spices and preservatives and baked into cans.

Yum.

Still tasty though.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start out with the glories of processed food, but rather to give a shout-out to my friend J, who needs to be better at updating his spam poetry blog. He finds interesting junk-mail messages, adds line breaks at appropriate points, and presto change-o! It's art!

When I found out about this, I sent him one I'd discovered a while ago.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home