Sunday, October 15, 2006

I have a date

With pleasantly unexpected efficiency, those fabulous people at the INS got their act together and sent me an appointment for my naturalization interview: November 28. That's several months sooner than my lawyer expected, and while it means I won't be eligible to vote in time for the mid-term elections, I should still have everything sorted before the end of the year.

Of course, it also means I have to start studying for the civics test, but it should be pretty straightforward, especially as I'm going to transfer the test-prep CD to my iPod so I can listen to it over and over and over while commuting. I just have to make sure not to get carried away and start yelling, "Abraham Lincoln! Second Amendment!" on crowded trains ...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Victor Mariano said...

Yay!! You're a natural anyway! Congrats and welcome aboard - now, pleae help keep this ship from sinking!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home