Saturday, April 19, 2014

Epilogue (from The Boy)



As many of you have learned, LimeyG passed away peacefully last April 8. I consider myself lucky to have shared eighteen wonderful years with her. She was simply amazing.

The following Sunday, April 13, we held a memorial ceremony to celebrate her life. Her friends and family told many poignant yet funny stories, we listened to music she loved (including the Pixies, Adam Ant and Celia Cruz) and finished by toasting her with champagne. It was as fitting a celebration of her life-affirming spirit as we could hope to produce.

I have found comfort in reading some of the earlier posts on this blog. I would encourage you to do the same. Carolyn spent a lot of time getting the writing and photos to her liking. We are lucky she devoted such care to this blog, for it perfectly captures her essence. To get you started, here are some suggestions:
Finally, I would like to give LimeyG the final word, by sharing her final request:
In lieu of flowers, Carolyn has asked that you go have an excellent glass of champagne; tell your family how much you love them; buy yourself a book you've been meaning to read; do one nice, small thing for a stranger.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger suzie sims-fletcher said...

Thank you.
....thank you.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this epilogue Diego. You were lucky to have Carolyn in your life for 18 years, but she too was lucky as well. Much love to you always, and to your family. Carolyn is my inspiration.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you for this post, Diego, and especially for sharing Carolyn's last wishes. She continues to make this world a better place.

Warm wishes to you at this difficult time. I know you were very fortunate to share such a strong love with Carolyn for so long, but it's never easy to lose someone you care about deeply.

I will always be grateful for knowing Carolyn. She helped me up my game professionally and she made it fun all the while. We swapped some crazy stories and hearty laughs. I will miss her.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Saul Wisnia said...

Beautifully said, Diego. I am glad you added this fitting epilogue to Limey G, which always made me smile and inspired me to start my own blog. Carolyn was one of a kind and although you were one lucky boy, she was lucky too to have you. Peace and only good things to come.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home