Monday, September 30, 2013

Time to suck it up!

People keep pointing out to me that I haven't written anything since May. I know, I know.

It's just that I'm still on this stupid, frustrating (and at this point probably permanent) liquid-only diet, and how much can you really say about that?

"Today I had coconut chicken! Through a straw."

"Today I had veggie lasagne! Through a straw."

"Today I had salade Niçoise! Through a straw."

And pretty much every meal looks like a brown slurry (see previous post) so it's not as though there'd be vibrant photos to make up for the dull descriptions.

But then a friend who had heard about my liquid lunches suggested that other people going through similar challenges might find it useful to hear from a fellow sucker.

So going forward, this is for my homies with trismus, esophageal dysphagia, or any other pain-in-the-butt situation that means they can't just open their faces and shove food in there. Let's suck it up together!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your stories Carolyn and am so glad you decided to "come back". Your blogs always make me smile, as well as make me hungry! Kudos to you!

8:53 AM  
Blogger suzQ! said...

and now I wonder: do you have a selection of fabulous straws the way some people have flatwear, hats, mugs, cats?

do your drinking delivery systems have requirements of length and girth (I know where you are going, dirty girl)?

a flood# of straws to your door - and then you cannot say: and THAT is the last straw!

#flood? what collective goes with straw? not a gaggle (hahah!) surely?

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home