Friday, November 23, 2007

Bad citizen! Part Two

Last night, while celebrating the end of Turkey Day with friends over homemade butternut squash pie and spiced apple cocktails, someone pointed out that this was my first Thanksgiving as an American citizen.

And how had I commemorated the event?

I watched ten minutes of the Macy's parade and made snarky comments throughout--apart from the part where I immediately recognized that the giant silver bunny balloon was designed by Jeff Koons.

I walked (walked!) to Thanksgiving lunch.

Which was in a French (French!) restaurant.

And then I walked home.

I did not watch football.

I did not spend time with relatives.

I did not make plans to rise at 4 o'clock this morning so I could start my Christmas shopping.

I am such a bad citizen.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home