Saturday, April 07, 2007

I am not a Ninja Warrior

While checking YouTube for the video for Ninja New York, I found the complete performance of Makoto Nagano on the Ninja Warrior course.

Who the what now?

Ninja Warrior (aka Sasuke) is one in a long tradition of Japanese shows in which contestants' physical strength is put to extreme tests. Think Endurance, Viking, or
Takeshi's Castle without the comedy.

Basically, it goes like this:

There are four stages, each one an obstacle course of fiendish, sadistic design. To finish a stage requires endurance, balance, coordination, and the upper and lower body strength of an Olympic gymnast.

Around 95% of contestants fail to finish stage one. Only two, including Nagano, have made it to the end.

Okay. Now that you have some background,
watch this. I dare you to be unimpressed.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I must complete my own exercise workout. I have a pile of chocolate digestives to dunk in tea.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home