Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sweet veal in the oven!

This week I added a new blog to my list of faves: Chocolate & Zucchini, the work of Clotilde Dusoulier, an adorable 27-year-old Frenchwoman who managed to go from on-the-side blogger to full-time food writer (I'm not jealous, I swear!).

The first entry of hers I read was a recipe for
veal shank braised in sweet white wine, "so mellow and succulent," she writes, "it can be served and eaten with a spoon."

"We have to do this," I told The Boy. He read the description.

"Oh, yeah," he said.

So this morning we went to HoFoods and picked up the meat. Couldn't find a single veal shank, but we did find two lovely thick individual pieces, each weighing just over a pound.

And this afternoon we went to the
Wine and Chee and found a 2004 Muscat de Rivesaltes; "sweet but not cloying," as Clotilde cautions.

It's in the oven now. My spoon is ready.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home